Having grown up and attended elementary, junior & high schools in Foley, watching the Gulf Coast develop over the last 40 years of coming home to visit family and my 24+ years as a REALTOR® make me the ‘home town’ real estate professional who has enhanced knowledge & expertise to assist you whether buying or selling in South Alabama. My professional credentials are:
State of Alabama Association of REALTORS®
National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
NAR Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
NAR Graduate of REALTORS® Institute (GRI)
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES & HONORS:
Baldwin REALTORS® (BR)
2019 BR Governmental Affairs Committee
2019 BR Forms Committee
2018 BR Forms Committee
REAL ESTATE SPECIFIC EDUCATION (OBTAINED IN MO & MAINTAINED IN AL):
Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
Awarded NAR after completion of rigorous course of advance training & by having met significant experience requirements.
NAR Graduate of REALTORS® Institute (GRI)
Awarded BY NAR after completing 90 hours of specific education outlined by NAR.
Master of Public Administration (concentration in finance), University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
Bachelor of Arts (concentration in business, minor in history), Columbia College, Columbia, MO
Columbia Board of REALTORS® (CBOR)
2012 – 2015 CBOR Board Leadership Team including; Treasurer, President Elect,
President & Immediate Past President
2011 - REALTOR® Salesperson of the Year
Missouri Association of REALTORS® (MAR)
2014 – MAR Leadership Academy Graduate
2014 – Board of Directors
RE/MAX Boone Realty
1996 – 2017 REALTOR®
2014 – Jake Jacobs Advocacy Award
2006 & 1999 – Cooperative Spirit Award (Voted on by Peers)
Women’s Council of REALTORS® (WCR), Columbia, MO Chapter
President, Member of the Year ExCEL Award & Rookie of the Year
If you have questions about affordability, credit, legal matters, or income, trust me to find you what you need fast. I'll make sure you feel confident and educated every step of the way.
Condo or mansion, I'll find it and get it for you at the price that's right. TICs? Fixer-uppers? Luxury? I can help with all of it. Let's get you ready for your property journey. Call me today.
Whether you’re buying or selling, I'm here to support you and guide you through to the finish line. My top-notch skills ensure you get the best experience possible. It’s what I love to do.
Not all real estate practitioners are REALTORS®. The term REALTOR® is a registered trademark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics. Here are five reasons why it pays to work with a REALTOR®.
1. Navigate a complicated process. Buying or selling a home usually requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multi-page settlement statements. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes.
2. Information and opinions. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They’ll also be able to provide objective information about each property. A professional will be able to help you answer these two important questions: Will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
3. Help to find the best property out there. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your REALTOR® to find all available properties.
4. Negotiating skills. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession, and inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings, or equipment. In addition, the purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Property marketing power. Real estate doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. In fact, a large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, and family. When a property is marketed with the help of a REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
6. Someone who speaks the language. If you don’t know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it’s important to work with a professional who is immersed in the industry and knows the real estate language.
7. Experience. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. Even if you have done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS®, on the other hand, handle hundreds of real estate transactions over the course of their career. Having an expert on your side is critical.
8. Objective voice. A home often symbolizes family, rest, and security — it’s not just four walls and a roof. Because of this, home buying and selling can be an emotional undertaking. And for most people, a home is the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on both the emotional and financial issues most important to you.